Powerful Woman, Calcium-Filled Smoothie
For all the amazing women in our lives, here is a smoothie recipe designed to prevent disease, and build optimal health. It’s packed with calcium, omega 3 fatty acids and powerful woman sulphur-containing amino acids (the building blocks of protein). Dr Joanna Budwig, who pioneered studies on fats and oils in the early 1950′s, found that the combination of flaxseed with sulphur-containing protein, prevented or helped to heal cancer. When sulphur-containing protein and Omega 3 oils are taken together there is increased oxygen uptake in tissues. In order to prevent or reverse cancer we need to increase tissue oxygenation. Cancer prevention in a smoothie, I’m in! In this power-packed smoothie the Omega 3 comes from flax, and almonds, tahini, fortified rice or almond milk and kale are all high in calcium and sulphur-containing amino acids. Tie on your Powerful Woman cape and drink up!
Recipe type: Smoothie
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. each of ground flax seeds and tahini
- 1 large organic banana, (frozen makes the smoothie creamier)
- ½ cup, or more to taste, diced mango (frozen is great)
- 1 handful of chopped Kale
- Fortified rice milk or almond milk, (add enough to be able to blend all ingredients)
- 1 pure maple syrup (optional)
- Blend everything together until smooth.