Labour Day marks the last weekend of Summer vacation. Everybody is going back to work or school. The lazy days are over, back into the routine. This may seem daunting, and mornings might be painful. But with the right breakfast that gives you tons of energy, you’ll get that workday done in no time! This delicious, low-fat, nutrient-dense granola is great on its own as a breakfast cereal with fresh fruit or on top of yogurt.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup lightly ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp canola or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except oil, honey and maple syrup, which are mixed together on their own in a smaller bowl.
- Add the oil mixture to the oats and mix well.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes stirring occasionally to avoid burning.