If you are looking for a non-chocolate treat that calms your sweet tooth craving without giving you a sugar crash, this is it! These little treats come together very quickly and will store for one month in the freezer. Sweet, tart and fruity, these Lemon Drops are perfect with a cup of tea!
- 1–1 1/4 cups ground almonds or store-bought almond meal
- 1 cup soft dates – chopped
- 3/4 cup dried coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash sea salt
- grated lemon rind of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup dried cranberries sweetened without sugar
- Combine almonds and dates in food processor and pulse a few times to get everything well combined
- Add remaining ingredients except cranberries and pulse to combine again
- Dump into a big bowl, add a few drops of water if it’s too dry or a bit of coconut or more ground almonds if too wet
- Add dried cranberries. Roll into small balls and flatten slightly
- Store in Freezer – yummy!