Here is a smoothie recipe designed to prevent disease, and build optimal health. It’s packed with calcium, omega-3 fatty acids and powerful woman sulfur-containing amino acids (the building blocks of protein).
Dr. Joanna Budwig, who pioneered studies on fats and oils in the early 1950′s, found that combining flax seed with sulfur-containing protein prevented or helped heal cancer. When sulfur-containing protein and omega-3 oils are taken together there is increased oxygen uptake in tissues. In order to prevent or reverse cancer, we need to increase tissue oxygenation.
In this power-packed smoothie. The omega-3 comes from flax and chia seed. Almonds, tahini, and kale are all high in calcium and sulfur-containing amino acids.
Providing 548 mg of Calcium which is roughly 42% of your daily recommended intake – Tie on your Powerful Woman cape and drink up!
- 1 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tbsp. each of ground flax seeds and ground chia seeds (grinding the seeds helps with absorption)
- 1 large organic banana, (frozen makes the smoothie creamier)
- 1/2 cup diced mango, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves (remove the hard middle stem)
- 1 cup sugar-free Oat milk, or plant milk of choice (calcium-fortified if desired)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- Blend everything together until smooth
- Note the calcium content in the nutritional profile does not include the Oat milk.