Corn season has started! So it’s time to hit the local farmers market and enjoy the fresh, perfectly ripe bright yellow cobs of corn! Of course it is delicious just on its own, but this salad is a perfect summer dish combining lots of different flavours and textures. It is a big crowd pleasing dish to bring to a BBQ.
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1, 15 1/2 -ounce or 19-ounce can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 small canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in corn and cook, stirring occasionally until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer roasted corn mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in mango, beans, onion, bell pepper, lime juice, chile, cilantro, cumin and salt.
- Salad will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 8 hours. Serve at room temperature.