Consider this your template for creating the classic Big Bowl meal. This will quickly become a staple in your plant-based eating plan. It is a tasty and simple Vegan Recipe.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 Small red beet grated (no need to cook it)
- 1 Small zucchini grated
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 orange pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- Miso Dressing:
- 1 tbsp light-coloured miso
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Water to thin to your desired consistency.
- To create the bowl: Add the rice or quinoa to your salad bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients and then Miso Dressing.
Quick Tip: You can cook up a pot of brown rice or quinoa the beginning of the week, store it in the fridge and then you’ll have enough for a few meals throughout the week (cooked grains will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge, you can also freeze cooked grains)